Hypnotherapy For Past Life Regression
Past life regression is a fascinating field in hypnotherapy. There are two ways regression can be used in hypnotherapy:
The first is to use this technique therapeutically to help a person reframe a previous experience that is affecting their life negatively. An example could be if you were to have a phobia that started following an event in your childhood for instance.
The second type is known as past life regression where it seems that clients are taken back to memories from a past life that they they realistically shouldn’t know or be able to access. A person’s view on this will be highly dependent on their spiritual, cultural and religious beliefs. There are lots of different ways that this could be explained and I’ve listed some below. Your opinion of this is totally individual to you and I’m fully supportive of the fact that we are all free to develop our own thoughts and beliefs.
- Some people believe that people genuinely access memories from a past life & this would be known as reincarnation.
- For others, they also believe in past life regression but view this as a biological process involving cell or gene memory.
- Some view this as a person using their imagination, perhaps influenced by stories they have heard or seen in their lifetime.
- For others this can go a step beyond in that they are able to view this in a therapeutic sense - for instance the story created by their imagination has a meaningful message for them that reflects something in their own life.
- Some believe that this is a form of telepathy in that a person is tapping into the memory of another person.
- For others, they simply don’t believe in past life regression and that’s absolutely fine.
There are many more meanings and opinions that people apply to past life regression and whatever your personal belief may be this is unique to you.
There are also many reasons people are interested in arranging a past life regression session. Sometimes it is due to a sense of curiosity or an interest in reincarnation, spirituality, biology, psychology, or history. For others they can have a sense that they perhaps have a block in their life or a certain attitude or opinion that they feel is linked to an event in a previous life; exploring past life regression for some can give a sense of closure and understanding that helps them move forward.
Undergoing a past life regression can be a fascinating experience. If you would like to explore this further I’m always happy to have an informal chat so please get in touch with me. I would be more than happy to support you with this experience and I completely respect whatever beliefs my clients hold.